This summer, Blue Isle Studios, developers of Slender: The Arrival and Valley will be turning their talent toward a traditional fantasy setting. Their new intellectual property, Citadel: Forged With Fire is set to reinvent the open-world RPG. The gameplay trailer features broomsticks, dragons, magical combat, and sweeping visual shots of scenic terrain.
Alex Tintor, one of Blue Isle Studio’s directors, acknowledged the ambitious and unfamiliar nature of the game, stating “Citadel is a completely new genre for us, our biggest goal with this title is to work closely with our community to build the ultimate fantasy sandbox game that is playable online with friends.”
In the spirit of cooperation with the community, Citadel: Forged With Fire will come to Steam as an Early Access title on July 26th, 2017. In the long-term, Blue Isle Studios expects players to be able to:
- Tame Legendary Beasts: Tame or ward off Savage Orcs, Horses, Direwolves, Dragons and more.
- Form Alliances and an Empire: Build your house, create a flag and establish a hierarchy as you prepare for war against other houses!
- Explore a Massive Fantasy World: Visit sweeping plains, dense forests, craggy mountains, festering swamps, a frozen tundra and more…
- Study the Arcane Arts: Learn and master a wide range of powerful spells!
- Fly: Use your Wizardly prowess to take to the skies using a broomstick, a dragon, an eagle or alchemy!
- Build and Bash Epic Castles: Construct the castle of your dreams, use magic to enhance your fortress or take advantage of the dynamic destruction system and crush an opposing house.
- Customize Your Character: Dress your Mage the way you want, with a limitless variety of clothing and weapon options!For more information, visit Blue Isle Studios’ website